At Metrolina Periodontics & Dental Implants, we regularly encounter patients intrigued by the opportunity dental implants present to improve one’s life. The technology associated with this modern restorative dental procedure is significant—and when implemented, allows a patient the ability to smile confidently once again and restore full function to the mouth.
However, we also encounter some who are worried about the cost associated with dental implants. Therefore, we will describe some reasonable expectations to set your mind at ease.
What is the Average Price Tag of Dental Implants?
Just as every person’s dental needs are unique, the same concept holds true when determining the cost of dental implants. On average, the general range in price for dental implants is $2,000 to $5,000.
Compared with other tooth replacement options, such as dentures or a bridge, dental implants are designed to last longer, which may ultimately help you save money on repeat procedures in the long term.
What Procedures Are Involved?
There could be multiple procedures involved with the dental implant process, which could make the cost fluctuate. Here are some of the steps involved in dental implants:
- Initial consultation: First, you will undergo an extensive examination to assess your jawbone’s condition, evaluate your overall oral health, and determine which dental implant procedure is best. This consultation will include X-rays, taking impressions, and matching the color of your teeth to an implant.
- Tooth extraction: If you have a remaining tooth that needs replacement, extraction will occur before other work is performed. Extraction will require anesthesia.
- Dental implant placement and bone grafting: Depending on the type of dental implant that is best for you, you may need extra bone added to your jawbone before having the implant placed.
- Abutment placement: Once the implant is stable, an abutment will be placed on the implant. You will get a local anesthetic during this process.
- Add the permanent crown: Once healing is complete, your general dentist or prosthodontist will make your implant crown and place it on the abutment.
What Are the Benefits?
There are many benefits associated with implants, including:
- Improved ability to chew food properly
- Enhanced self-esteem with a confident, natural-looking smile
- Eliminating the hassle associated with dentures
- Removal of long-term costs associated with less permanent treatment options
- A lifetime of happiness with proper care
We Offer Flexible Payment & Financing Options
Here at Metrolina Periodontics & Dental Implants, we encourage you to reach out and consult with our team regarding your interest in dental implants. We will learn about your needs and provide a personalized quote for your procedure. Of course, we are also happy to inform you about all of the flexible payment options we offer to our patients. We accept all major credit cards and can help you apply for CareCredit®, a great option for no or low-interest financing and funding.
Reach out to Metrolina Periodontics & Dental Implants in Charlotte, NC today to learn more.